A beautifully presented detached Cotswold stone cottage situated in a lovely South facing position about a mile East of Stroud with parking and level gardens. This elevated spot allows for easy access to the well regarded Thrupp primary school and the shops, amenities and train station of Stroud with country and canal side walks within easy reach. The property is built using traditional methods in the 1840’s from Cotswold stone under pitched tiled roof and has clearly been the subject of improvement and tasteful decoration recently, with character accommodation arranged over two floors.
Amenities available within the vicinity include a well regarded primary school with lovely country walks found just up the hill. The property benefits from being equidistant from town and countryside with a wide range of shops and amenities, community and primary schooling, a leisure and sports centre, award winning weekly farmers market and a main line railway station with inter city services travelling to London (Paddington). Cirencester (10 miles), Cheltenham (18 miles) and Swindon (25 miles) are all within comfortable driving distance.
An entrance hall, kitchen/breakfast room with Inglenook fireplace, 16′ sitting room, dining room, inner hall, utility room and bathroom are found on the ground floor with a landing, 16′ master bedroom with en suite shower room and two further bedrooms above. Stairs lead up from the first floor to a useful office/attic room. The accommodation is complemented by a lovely 18′ garden room that could be used as a fourth bedroom.
The majority of the garden is found at the front of the property, making the most of the sunny Southerly aspect and lovely views. Paved sitting area to the front of the house, with a level lawn intersected by a path leading to the front. Well stocked borders with a variety of established shrubs, a few steps up to a further sitting spot to the side of the garden room. There is parking for several vehicles at the front of the plot.