Information we collect from you
We will collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our websites and when you register with us to receive our services. This will usually include name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, credit history, previous addresses and identification.
Sometimes we receive information about you from third parties. In particular:
- Social Media Companies including Facebook, Twitter, when you interact with our brand through these platforms;
- Previous or current landlords for the purpose of referencing;
- Enquiries through property portals when you request further information on a property
- Financial Advisors, mortgage brokers, lenders and solicitors/conveyancing agents through transactions relating to the service we are providing; and
- Other agents/companies as and when required for purposes which will be disclosed.
How we use your data
We will collect, use and hold your information for the purposes of:
- To fulfil a contract. This includes processing information in connection with a property’s sale or letting, arrangements for the transfers of funds by or to third parties and end of contract arrangements;
- Communicating with you;
- To conduct our business and pursue our respective legitimate interests, in particular;
– we will use your information to provide services to you before we have a contract with you (for instance sending potential buyers and tenants property details), and to respond to any comments or complaints you may send us;
– we monitor use of our websites and online services, and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline
– we use information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our services or the properties which we deal with;
– we will use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation); and
Where you give us consent:
- We will send you direct marketing material in relation to relevant products and services such as;
– independent financial advisors for advice relating to your property and the services we offer
– solicitors and conveyancing agents for legal advice relating to your property and the services we offer
- For purposes which are required by law;
– to verify your identity;
– in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Who will we share your personal data with
We will share your personal for the purpose of providing a service to you and understanding your use of our products and services. With your permission or with consent within your contract we may share your data with
- Independent financial advisors for advice relating to your property;
- Solicitors and conveyancing agents for legal advice relating to your property;
- Any other named party to a signed contract, such as your landlord or tenant;
- Third parties who provide services to the property for maintenance and repairs including plumbers/electricians/builders/carpenters-);
- Surveying companies for surveying services required for the sale/purchase of your property;
- Utilities companies where we are required to do so to adhere to a tenancy agreement;
- Energy switching companies when letting a property through us;
- Referencing companies to obtain references for letting a property;
- Block managers where a let property is a leasehold property;
- Inventory companies who conduct check ins and check outs; and
- Insurance companies where you have decided to buy a product or service through us.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
It will also be shared with third party service providers, who will process it on behalf of us to help us run this website and also to provide our services to you. Such third parties include providers of identity checking, referencing and email communications
How we protect your personal data
The security of your personal information is very important and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We hold personal information only for as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the personal information was collected, unless otherwise required or authorised by applicable law.
How long will we keep your personal data
We will keep your information for a reasonable amount of time in order to perform the purposes listed above. We only keep your information for as long as necessary. We generally keep personal information for seven years after last contact with you.
Accessing and updating
You are entitled to see the information held about you and if you feel that the information is incorrect or inaccurate you can contact us outlining the information you feel is incorrect or inaccurate. Please contact us using the details below.
Withdrawing your consent
If we obtain your information by consent you have the right to withdraw any consent you previously provided to us by contacting us using the details below. The right to consent removal may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements and you will be informed appropriately.
Cookies may be used by us to provide you with a customised visitor experience. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also allow us to make our website more user friendly. For example, permanent cookies allow us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website. If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so your computer does not accept cookies, but this will affect the functionality of the site.
Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address (IP address). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our websites.
Any changes we make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page.
How to contact us
If you make a complaint about a breach of your personal information or would like access and/or update information or preferences you provided to us please email email@example.com or write to 14 Fountain Street, Nailsworth, Gloucestershire GL6 0BL